Be the first to taste the 2013 vintage of Côtes du Rhône at Millévin, a wine fair which will animate Avignon on Thursday, November 21, where winemakers and négociants will offer their Vins Primeurs, and other vintages.
Primeur is a wine from an AOC that is sold in the year of its harvest. In Beaujolais, they call it nouveau, yet there are more than 50 AOCs in France that are permitted to make Primeur wines.
Here is the festive fair schedule:
- 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Tasting and Sale of Côtes du Rhône Primeurs at the Halles d’Avignon by 12 producers.
- 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.: Tasting of Côtes du Rhône primeur and other vintages on the Place de l’Horloge accompanied by music. 3€ for a glass, along with plates of charcuterie, cheese and Oysters.
- 6:15 – 7:00 p.m. March of Confréries
- 7:00 p.m.: Light Show on the façade of the Palais des Papes, 7 minutes in length, with repeat showing all evening
- 8:00 p.m. Restaurants offer a complimentary glass of “Côtes du Rhône” as an apéritif.
Millévin: Fête des Côtes du Rhône et du Millésime 2013, Avignon, Thursday, Nov. 21, Website